HEALTHFUL FOR YOU,
OUR EMPLOYEES, THE EARTH.
EKLA HOME transforms the paradigm of furniture manufacture. Gone are dangerous toxins. Instead our eco-conscious mandate results in healthful practices for you and our craftspeople.
We reach back to pre-industrial age processes to fulfill our belief in craftsmanship and sustainability. Few companies producing furniture in the United States follow as strict a set of sustainability practices at each step of the manufacturing process.
EKLA HOME brings peace of mind to every piece you have in mind.
Earn LEED credits with our upholstered furniture.
STANDARDS WE HOLD OURSELVES TO
- Third party certification by FSC, Oeko-tex, KRAV and SCS Gold.
- Raw materials sourced as close to manufacturing facility as possible.
- All production occurs in the United States.
- Materials are organic and non-toxic.
- Lowest VOC finishes.
- Certified Organic Natural Latex for Cushions.
- Fabrics are GOTS or OEKO TEX certified
- Reclaimed woods whenever relevant.
- Virgin woods are US based FSC hardwoods.
- No chemical flame-retardants.
- Packaging materials are recycled.
- Workshop operates on natural light as much as possible.
- FSC Certified Poplar for sofa frames, reclaimed wood, and US
grown FSC hardwoods for furniture.
- Certified Organic Natural Latex for Seat Cushions.
- Oeco-Tex 100 certified wool, grown and milled in the United States
- Certified Organic cotton grown and milled in the United States
- Wood Stains containing zero and low Volatile Organic Compounds for commercial products and are
made in the United States
- Non Toxic Water Based Greenguard Certified Simalfa Adhesive made
in the United States
- Oeko Tex Certified Organic Cottons milled in the United States
- Recyled Steel Springs made in the United States
- Recycled Steel Staples made in the United States